One of the unique characteristics of the battle of Mu’tah is that rasulullah (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) appointed not one, but three commanders in the chain of command: `Abdullah bin ‘Umar said: Allah’s Messenger (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) appointed Zaid bin Haritha as the commander of the army during the Ghazwa of Mu’tah and said, “If Zaid is martyred, Ja’far should take over his position, and if Ja’far is martyred, Abdullah bin Rawaha should take over his position.
- “There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.” [33:21]. No matter what stage of life we are going through, or whatever roles we are trying to fill: be it be as father, husband, son, friend, leader and others, we will always find guidance in the life of our beloved Prophet(peace be upon him).
- بِسْمِ اللَّـهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ This is the continuation of the series, that focuses on implementing sunnah in our lives. In the last post, we talked about the manners of sleeping. In this post, we will look at the Sunnahs of sneezing and yawning: Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, “Allah loves sneezing but dislikes yawning; so if anyone of you sneezes and then praises Allah, every Muslim who hears him (praising Allah) has to say Tashmit to him.
- بِسْمِ اللَّـهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ This is the continuation of the series, that focuses on implementing sunnah in our lives. Here is the sunnah items, we will be focusing on in this week: Click here to show evidences/reference links Sunnah’s of Eating: Pronounce the Tasmiya (Bismilla) [Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 65 :: Hadith 288] If you forget to say Bismillah, before starting, say this supplication. [At-Tirmidhee 5/506] Eat with the right hand Eat from what is infront of you If some food drops, clean it and then eat it [Muslim :: Book 23 : Hadith 5044] Eat with three fingers [Muslim :: Book 23 : Hadith 5040] Eat together [Dawud :: Book 27 : Hadith 3755] Not finding faults in food [Muslim :: Book 23 : Hadith 5121] After Eating:
- This is the continuation of the series, that focuses on implementing sunnah in our lives. I hope everyone had emaan rushed Ramadhan and you were able to apply the things we learned in this series. Here is the sunnah items, we will be focusing on in this week: Using Siwak: Performing Prayers [Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 13 :: Hadith 12] Entering the house [Aaishah was asked what the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did when he first came home.
- I hope that you had an awesome productive last week, applying and implementing the Sunnah Items, we discussed in the last post. Here is the sunnah for this week: On Coming Out of Washroom: Exit with Right Foot first Say the dua Making Ablution: Say Bismillah Do the Mishwaak Run water through the fingers Put water in the nose Say the Sahada after finishing Say the dua Pray 2 rakahs of tayatul whudoo Tip of the Week:
- Allah Subhannallah, tells us in the Quran: لَّقَدْ كَانَ لَكُمْ فِي رَسُولِ اللَّـهِ أُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ لِّمَن كَانَ يَرْجُو اللَّـهَ وَ وَذَكَرَ اللَّـهَ كَثِيرًا Translation: There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.[Surah Al-Ahzab, verses 21] The oxford dictionary defines the word ‘role model‘ as “A person looked to by others as an example to be imitated.
- “There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.” [33:21] Inshallah in this post and in future posts, we will be looking at seerah. We will look at how the prophet (SAW) set an excellent example for us in different roles; be it be as a husband, father, friend, leader and other such roles.
- This is the first post in our series of Tafseer of Juz ‘Amma. Although the story is well-known amongst the Muslims, we will recap the story of the first revelation: Surah Iqraa (also known as Surah ‘Alaq), revealed in Mecca. Imam Ahmed ibn Hanbal (rahimahullah) relates from ‘Aisha (radiallahu ‘anhaa) that the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam), for six months before revelation, would see true dreams that would happen the next day–day after day after day, for six months.
- Bismillah عن انس قال النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم لا يؤمن أحدكم حتى أكون أحب إليه من والده وولده والناس أجمعين Anas radi Allahu anhu narrated that the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam said, “None of you truly believes (has emaan) until I am more beloved to him than his father, his child and all of mankind.” (Bukhari and Muslim) Loving the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam is a part of emaan, and Allah ta’ala has made it obligatory for us to love the Messenger alayhi salaam.