Definition and Asl Definition: “Terrible twos” occur when children are between the ages of one and three years old. This is usually when children throw a lot of tantrums, and rebel, saying “no!” to many things you tell them. How can you effectively deal with this situation? First, understand the root (asl): children cannot keep their strong emotions inside. They cry, they scream, they stomp, they fling themselves on the floor.
- Responsibility: Reward and Punishment It’s our responsibility to take are of our children, especially their akhirah — their eternal life. Allah says: Translation: O you who have believed, protect yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is people and stones […] (Surah At-Tahrim, verse 66) This ayah illustrates our responsibility: protect yourselves, and your children, from Hellfire — a fire whose fuel is stones and men. Would you raise your children, knowingly, that they are going to be firewood, or fuel for the fire?
- We live in an era where knowledge is abundant and is available at our finger tips in variety of formats (audio, video, ebooks…) and on variety of devices and platforms (tablets, smartphones, laptops….). However, we lack the enthusiasm, passion, dedication and commitment to seeking knowledge. Here are few of the inspiring stories of past to rekindle that spark. Imam Zafar said “We used to sit down and take our spots for the circle of Imam Ali Madini after the Asar prayer.
- One of the unique characteristics of the battle of Mu’tah is that rasulullah (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) appointed not one, but three commanders in the chain of command: `Abdullah bin ‘Umar said: Allah’s Messenger (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) appointed Zaid bin Haritha as the commander of the army during the Ghazwa of Mu’tah and said, “If Zaid is martyred, Ja’far should take over his position, and if Ja’far is martyred, Abdullah bin Rawaha should take over his position.
- “There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.” [33:21]. No matter what stage of life we are going through, or whatever roles we are trying to fill: be it be as father, husband, son, friend, leader and others, we will always find guidance in the life of our beloved Prophet(peace be upon him).
- Imam Bukhari, rahimahullah, is now a well-known scholar because of his saheeh collection of ahadith. It took him years to finish. But, this was not the beginning of his fame; in fact, the Muslims and scholars saw, from an early time, his intellectual strength and capability; he achieved fame well before he completed his most famous book. Now, let us breeze through some details about the early life of this great scholar.
- بِسْمِ اللَّـهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ This is the continuation of the series, that focuses on implementing sunnah in our lives. In the last post, we talked about the manners of sleeping. In this post, we will look at the Sunnahs of sneezing and yawning: Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, “Allah loves sneezing but dislikes yawning; so if anyone of you sneezes and then praises Allah, every Muslim who hears him (praising Allah) has to say Tashmit to him.
- بِسْمِ اللَّـهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ This is the continuation of the series, that focuses on implementing sunnah in our lives. In the last post, we talked about the etiquette of eating. In this post, we will look at the Sunnahs of going to sleep Click here to show evidences/reference links What to recite before going to sleep: Recite Surah Al-Ikhlas, Surah Al-Falaq and Surah An-Nas and wipe the body.
- بِسْمِ اللَّـهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ This is the continuation of the series, that focuses on implementing sunnah in our lives. Here is the sunnah items, we will be focusing on in this week: Click here to show evidences/reference links Sunnah’s of Eating: Pronounce the Tasmiya (Bismilla) [Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 65 :: Hadith 288] If you forget to say Bismillah, before starting, say this supplication. [At-Tirmidhee 5/506] Eat with the right hand Eat from what is infront of you If some food drops, clean it and then eat it [Muslim :: Book 23 : Hadith 5044] Eat with three fingers [Muslim :: Book 23 : Hadith 5040] Eat together [Dawud :: Book 27 : Hadith 3755] Not finding faults in food [Muslim :: Book 23 : Hadith 5121] After Eating:
- This is the continuation of the series, that focuses on implementing sunnah in our lives. I hope everyone had emaan rushed Ramadhan and you were able to apply the things we learned in this series. Here is the sunnah items, we will be focusing on in this week: Using Siwak: Performing Prayers [Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 13 :: Hadith 12] Entering the house [Aaishah was asked what the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did when he first came home.