“There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.” [33:21]. No matter what stage of life we are going through, or whatever roles we are trying to fill: be it be as father, husband, son, friend, leader and others, we will always find guidance in the life of our beloved Prophet(peace be upon him).
- بِسْمِ اللَّـهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ This is the continuation of the series, that focuses on implementing sunnah in our lives. In the last post, we talked about the manners of sleeping. In this post, we will look at the Sunnahs of sneezing and yawning: Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, “Allah loves sneezing but dislikes yawning; so if anyone of you sneezes and then praises Allah, every Muslim who hears him (praising Allah) has to say Tashmit to him.
- This is the continuation of the series, that focuses on implementing sunnah in our lives. I hope everyone had emaan rushed Ramadhan and you were able to apply the things we learned in this series. Here is the sunnah items, we will be focusing on in this week: Using Siwak: Performing Prayers [Bukhari :: Book 2 :: Volume 13 :: Hadith 12] Entering the house [Aaishah was asked what the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did when he first came home.
- And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds. [21:107] In the last post, we looked at how our beloved prophet (SAW) set for us an excellent example as a father. Inshallah, continuing with the theme, in this post, we will explore two more roles: **uncle and the master. ** Treatment with niece After the Taif Campaign, one of the captives As-Shaima, the daughter of Al-Harith As-Sadiya, the Messenger’s foster sister was brought to the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) , she introduced herself to him.
- Bismillah walhamdolilah wassalatu wassalam ‘ala rasool Allah Allah subhaanhu wa ta’ala says in the Qur’an (the meaning of which is): “(It was said to his son): “O Yahya (John)! Hold fast the Scripture [the Taurat (Torah)].” And We gave him wisdom while yet a child. And (made him) sympathetic to men as a mercy (or a grant) from Us, and pure from sins [i.e. Yahya (John)] and he was righteous, and dutiful towards his parents, and he was neither an arrogant nor disobedient (to Allah or to his parents).
- Bismillah walhamdolilah wasalatu wassalam ‘ala rasool Allah Continuing in the ten ways to achieve the love of Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala, here are the last five points as per ibn al-Qayyim rahimuhallauh: Sixth, observing Allaah’s kindness, goodness and bounties, both hidden and open. It is to be aware of the vast amounts of Mercy Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala has engulfed His slaves with. It is to recognize and accept the blessings of Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala and to show thanks for it.
- Bismillah walhamdolilah wassalatu wassalam ‘ala rasool Allah Here are ten ways to attain the love of Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala, as per Ibn al-Qayyim rahimuhallah: First, reciting the Qur’an while pondering over its meanings and what is meant by it. Allah says, the meaning of which is: “Then do they not reflect upon the Qur’an? If it had been from [any] other than Allah , they would have found within it much contradiction” [4:82]
- Bismillah walhamdolilah wassalatu wassalam ‘ala rasool Allah We live this life yearning to be amongst those whom Allah loves. On top of that, we wish and pray that Allah gives us the opportunity to be amonst the blessed who sincerly love Him. Truly, this only comes from His Will and we should beg him for that opportunity day and night. Here is a a beautiful du’a that we have been taught by the Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasalam:
- “There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.” [33:21] Inshallah in this post and in future posts, we will be looking at seerah. We will look at how the prophet (SAW) set an excellent example for us in different roles; be it be as a husband, father, friend, leader and other such roles.
- Bismillah walhamdolilah wassalatu wassalam ‘ala rasool Allah Umer radhiAllah anhu used to say: “If Allah strikes me with calamity I will thank Allah for four things: 1) that the test was not in my deen 2) the calamity could have been worse 3) it is an expiation for my sins 4) any loss after losing the Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasalam is nothing” The greatest man that lived after the Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasalam and Abu Bakr as-Siddiq radhiAllah anhu, Umer ibn al-Khattab radhiAllah anhu.