Bismillah walhamdolilah wasalatu wasalam ‘ala Rasool Allah Asalamu ‘alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatahu, First and foremost, Ramadan Kareem! May Allah azza wa jal give us all the opportunity to take advantage of this blessed month and to make it a means of us attaining His Paradise. Ameen. Due to Ramadan, I’ve found myself to be quite busy. Nonetheless, I do apologize for not having written anything for the past few makes.
- What is a Qareen? A shaytaan, a devil, assigned to someone to mislead and misguide him. Someone to whisper to him in the light of day and the darkness of night. Allah says: وَمَن يَعْشُ عَن ذِكْرِ الرَّحْمَنِ نُقَيِّضْ لَهُ شَيْطَاناً فَهُوَ لَهُ قَرِينٌ Translation: And whoever is blinded from remembrance of Ar-Rahman, we appoint for him a qareen, and he is to him a companion. [Surah Az-Zukhruf, verse 36]
- Having already discussed the unlimited number of Allah’s names and attributes, we turn now to an authentic hadith that seems to clash with what we said before. The Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said: إِنَّ لِلَّهِ تِسْعَةً وَتِسْعِينَ اسْمًا مِائَةً إِلاّ وَاحِدًا مَنْ أَحْصَاهَا دَخَلَ الْجَنَّةَ . Translation: Indeed, Allah has 99 names (one hundred minus one); whoever memorizes them will enter Jannah. [Saheeh Bukhari and Saheeh Muslim]
- Rays of Faith Rays of Faith is an AlMaghrib Institute course taught by Waleed Basyouni. Rays of Faith focuses on the pillars of Emaan: belief in the Angels, the Books, the Prophets, the Day of Judgment, and the Divine Decree (Qadr wa Qadaa’). This course will also go over the creation and realm of Jinns. These matters to us, are matters of the unseen but why is it so important?
- Bismillah Abu Sa’eed al Khudree (رضى الله عنه) reports that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said, “when the believers cross the Hellfire, they will be stopped at a small arched bridge (Qantarah) before entering the paradise and will be given retribution for injustices between them until they become purified. (Then) they will be permitted to enter Jannah. So, by the One in Whose Hands is my soul, they will know their way to their homes in Jannah, better than they know their ways to their homes in dunya.
- We walk through life not understanding that we are in the midst of the biggest battle with the wretched of all enemies–Shaytan. Understanding his tactics is one thing–being able to follow it up with our own weapons is another. Listen to the podcast to learn and understand the different weapons believers can equip themselves with in this war against Shaytan.
- The fact of the matter is that Shaytan is an open enemy to humankind. It is through his whispers that he causes all of us to stray off in to the darkness of evil and misguidance. How else does Shaytan influence humankind? Listen to the podcast and find out!
- Continuing on the topic of Shaytaan, this lecture focuses on the relationship between man and him. What is the clash between humans and Shaytaan? What is the goal of Shaytaan? And truly, what are the techniques by which he is succeeding in this battle? Listen to the podcast and find out more about this fore-sworn enemy of humans.
- Of the devils, is the grand devil of them all, known as Iblees or Shaytaan. This lecture will focus on some of the wisdoms behind the creation of Shaytaan. As Muslims, we know that Shaytaan is our open enemy; not just for a period of time, but an enemy to the sons and daughters of Adam (عليه السلام) until the end of time. What was this wisdom of Allah behind the prolonged life of Shaytaan?
- With this lecture, we will begin to step into a brand new world … the world of the Jinn. Who are they? What is their purpose? What is the Muslims’ stance on the Jinn? Listen to the podcast to find out about this little-known topic steeped in ignorance and superstition!