In a very beautiful hadith, our beloved Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said: __
“There are seven whom Allah will shade in His Shade on the Day when there is no shade except His Shade:
- a just ruler;
- a youth who grew up in the worship of Allah, the Mighty and Majestic;
- a man whose heart is attached to the mosques;
- two men who love each other for Allah’s sake, meeting for that and parting upon that;
- a man who is called by a woman of beauty and position [for illegal intercourse], but be says: ‘I fear Allah’;
- a man who gives in charity and hides it, such that his left hand does not know what his right hand gives in charity; and
- a man who remembered Allah in private and so his eyes shed tears.” [Bukhari and Muslim]
In this beautiful Hadeeth, the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) spoke about small acts of worship which result in such a huge reward: shade on the Day when there will be no shade except His shade. This may not seem like much at first, but then, reflect upon the following Hadeeth narrated by al Miqdaad ibn Aswad:
“On the Day of Resurrection, the sun would draw so close to the people that there would be left a distance of only one mile. The people will be submerged in perspiration according to their deeds, some up to their ankles, some up to their knees, some up to the waist and some would have the bridle of perspiration and, while saying this, the Messenger of Allah put his hand towards his mouth.” [Saheeh Muslim, vol.4, no. 6852]
So now I ask, do you want to be under the shade of Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) or not? If so, the opportunity is present, all you have to do is sieze it. My brothers and sisters, lets devote ourselves to being one amongst those seven, for indeed the fortunate ones will be those who are granted the Shade of Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) on the Day when there will be no shade but His. Lets work hard and struggle to at least be one of the seven, lets attain the pleasure and satisfaction of Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) in this world and in the Hereafter. Ameen!
- JUST ACTIONS. Everything you do, do it justly because Allah is with those who are just. Next time you are put in a position to judge a situation, don’t just side with your friends, side with the person that is right.
- WORSHIP. Take advantage of the time Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) has given us and be amongst those who serve Him in their youth. Time for salah? Head down to the masjid, and gain a greater reward. Let your heart find comfort in the houses of Allah (سبحانه وتعالى).
- LOVE. Go to one of your brothers and let them know that you love them for the sake of Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) and for His sake only. Surround your relationship with His remembrance.
- GIVE. Make it a habit to give to others. Give charity out of that which Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) has blessed you with, but do it secretly, only for Allah. Start by maybe sponsoring an orphan or signing up to a monthly donation plan. Subhanallah, it works great.
- REPENT. Look at your life and begin to put yourself to account for the things you have done. It may help to even list them down. Now, go to a secluded place, prostrate to Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) and ask Him for forgiveness of those things. Let your heart feel the pain of sinning against Allah and let your emotions free.