We live in an era where knowledge is abundant and is available at our finger tips in variety of formats (audio, video, ebooks…) and on variety of devices and platforms (tablets, smartphones, laptops….). However, we lack the enthusiasm, passion, dedication and commitment to seeking knowledge. Here are few of the inspiring stories of past to rekindle that spark. Imam Zafar said “We used to sit down and take our spots for the circle of Imam Ali Madini after the Asar prayer.
- “There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.” [33:21]. No matter what stage of life we are going through, or whatever roles we are trying to fill: be it be as father, husband, son, friend, leader and others, we will always find guidance in the life of our beloved Prophet(peace be upon him).
- Last week, we focus on the sunnah of making ablution and coming out of the washroom. Here is the sunnah for this week: After the fard salahs: After slautation, say Allahu Akbar in loud voice Say “Astagfirullah” thrice in low voice Recite “Ayat Kursi” Read the morning and evening supplications after farjar and asar prayers (Another Link) Recite other Adhkars and Supplications Pray the two rakahs of ishraq after the fajar prayer (The Messenger of Allah [SAWS] said, “Whoever prays the dawn prayer (fajr) in a group and then sits and does dhikr until the sun rises, then prays two rakas, shall have the like of the reward of a hajj and an umra.
- I hope that you had an awesome productive last week, applying and implementing the Sunnah Items, we discussed in the last post. Here is the sunnah for this week: On Coming Out of Washroom: Exit with Right Foot first Say the dua Making Ablution: Say Bismillah Do the Mishwaak Run water through the fingers Put water in the nose Say the Sahada after finishing Say the dua Pray 2 rakahs of tayatul whudoo Tip of the Week:
- Last week, we started a new series. The goal of the series is to learn and implement the sunnah in our lives. We started with the sunnah of our beloved Prophet (May Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) on waking up. I hope all of you have been practicing that sunnah. Here is the sunnah for this week: Entering the Washroom: Enter with slippers/shoes Make the dua Enter with Left foot After Entering the Washroom:
- Allah Subhannallah, tells us in the Quran: لَّقَدْ كَانَ لَكُمْ فِي رَسُولِ اللَّـهِ أُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ لِّمَن كَانَ يَرْجُو اللَّـهَ وَ وَذَكَرَ اللَّـهَ كَثِيرًا Translation: There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.[Surah Al-Ahzab, verses 21] The oxford dictionary defines the word ‘role model‘ as “A person looked to by others as an example to be imitated.