Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sa) said: “A Muslim is a brother of (another) Muslim, he neither wrongs him nor does hand him over to one who does him wrong. If anyone fulfils his brother’s needs, Allah will fulfil his needs; if one relieves a Muslim of his troubles, Allah will relieve his troubles on the Day of Resurrection…” [Bukhari and Muslim]. Subhanallah!
- Innal-Hamdu lillah was-Salaatu was-Salaam `alaa Rasoolillah “Lucky escape … hmmm … Nah! It just wasn’t my time to go yet; Allah saved me and gave me a little longer …” Driving home from work after having a late staff meeting, it was an ordinary evening not much traffic on the road. I got onto the dual carriage, I was in the right lane doing around 60-70 miles an hour, then all of a sudden *BANG* the bonnet of my car flew open and smashed against my car windscreen, *SMASH* all the glass cracked and from the great impact, my back view mirror had completely broken off.
- Are you a student, or working? Are you depressed or frustrated that you could not take the advantage of the last ten nights of Ramadan? There were midterms, assignments, and projects for all the working folk, all those cliched reasons, or maybe you did take advantage. Here is another chance. Its on our doorsteps, the most beloved days to Allah, the first ten days of Dhul Hijjah. It was reported by Ibn ‘Abbas (رضي الله عنه) that the Rasoolullah (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said: “There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allah than these ten days.
- How does it feel after reading Qur’an? Does it make a difference in us? How much do we implement it regularly, or even within the same day of reading an ayah? When learning from the Qur’an and the seerah of the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم), Allah mentions a believers qualities in the Qur’an. The believers hearts become fearful and their eyes tear. This is a sign of the true believers, as Allah describes them in the Qur’an:
- Want to earn the love of Allah? Imagine! To be loved by the greatest, the self-sufficient, the lord of the universe! Who doesn’t want that? Read on inshallah and find out how to achieve that lofty goal! Love of Allah Ibn al-Qaiyim (رحمالله) mentioned ten causes that result in Allah’s (سبحانه وتعالى) love for His slave and the slave’s love for his Lord. [These ten are:] First, recite the Qur’an while pondering over its meanings and what is meant by it.
- It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s … MuminMan? By night, a city slicker patrols the streets. Seen but not seen, he’s just another face in the crowd, unnoticed with trendy glasses and the slickest new Nike running shoes. He breezes in and out through bars and clubs. He chills with his friends. And if she’s not mad, maybe he’ll call his girlfriend for a date. Just your ordinary homeboy or girl.
- Concerns of a med student: Ahmed: I’ve been trying so hard to make it into that post med program. Friend: Hey, what about meeting with Dr.Muneeb. Just go ask him what you need to get in, he is THE BEST doctor. Ahmed: You think I havent already? I am practically following ALL his footsteps to the best to my ability … just sometimes I get concerned if I’m still going to make it or not … hope I can achieve all the marks I need before its too late.
- Today I have learned a valuable lesson, and I believe its a lesson that all of you readers can benefit from. The lesson itself is very simple, but realizing the importance and understanding the implications it may have in one’s life is what matters the most. The lesson is: you can‘t please everyone. Sounds so simple, right? Many of us are reading this and saying, well duh! So then, if its so obvious why do we keep persisting in our efforts to doing so?
- We feel the pain. We are hurting. We are crying. Reality has kicked in. Up until a month ago, everything was just a blur, didn’t know the effect and seriousness of the situations around the world. Up until a month ago, don’t even know if I felt for those around the world. However, when it creeps up into your own country, your own city, your own community, your own _family_–you feel everything.
- We all are sitting in a world in which the value of knowledge is at its all-time high. Many of us, or our parents, invest a good amount of income towards this so-called “educational system” entitled “University” or “College”. Many of us invest hours upon hours, days upon days, week after week indulged in books and lectures learning about Limits, Laws of Neutrality, Psychological Human Behaviour, or, my favourite, Pareto Optimal (:S).