By dear brother and sisters in Islam, Asalamu ‘alaikum wa rahmatullah
In this blessed month of Ramadan, it is only beneficial to us to increase our worship of Allah azza wa jal. Surely, this month is full of blessings like no other. O Muslims! Take advantage of this month, because the reality is we don’t know if we will see another one.
Our beloved Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasalam has said:
“The prayer offered in congregation is twenty five times more superior to the prayer offered alone in one’s house or in a business center; because if one performs ablution and does it perfectly, and then proceeds to the mosque with the sole intention of prayer, then for each step which he takes towards the mosque, Allah upgrades him a degree in reward and crosses out one sin till he enters the mosque. When he enters the mosque he is considered in prayer as long as he is waiting for the prayer and the angels keep on asking for Allah’s forgiveness for him and they keep on saying: ‘O Allah! Be Merciful to him, O Allah! Forgive him’, as long as he keeps on sitting at his praying place and does not pass wind.” [Bukhari]
- There is no place more peaceful than the houses of Allah….so visit them frequently!
- If you can…walk to the masjid. Use it to get yourself in the zone before you stand in front Allah…plus its a means of expiation for your sins! Subhanallah!
- Twenty five times MORE reward + expiation of sins = GO TO THE MASJID AS MUCH AS YOU CAN FOR PRAYERS!!!
- Thinking about the reward…thinking about the Mercy of Allah towards His slaves should humble us.
- Lets think about the greatness of Allah, the mercy of Allah, and the love of Allah towards us before we stand to pray.