Some points to ponder about Salah, Namaz, Prayer…
Our purpose in life is to worship Allah. Prayer (Salah) is the manifestation of that. Without it, we have nothing.
- Is the only commandment in Islam that came from Allah (سبحانه وتعال) to Muhammad (صلي الله عليه وسلم) directly, without any angel in-between, in the journey of Isra Wal Miraj
- Was originally legislated at 50 times per day (That just shows how important it is)
- One of the last concerns of the dying Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم)
- Time after time, mentioned in the Quran as the first requirement right after Faith in Allah (سبحانه وتعال) 
- Quran described as guidance for the ones who pray (right at the beginning of the book in Surah Baqarah) 
- Agreement between us and the Prophet, without prayer, is kufr
- A person’s feet will not move on the Day of Judgement until he is questioned about the prayer. If it is in order, everything will be in order, and if it is not in order, nothing else will be in order.
- In an interview of the people of hell, “Not Praying” is the #1 Response why they are in Hellfire
Source: Yasir Qadhi Jumuah Khutba, Friday May 18th, 2007, Khalid bin Walid Masjid
The hadith of Isra Wal Miraj – Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 58, Number 227
(Protect) the prayer, (protect) the prayer, and whom your hands possess (slaves).”
Reference – no source indicated.
As well, even in his sickly state, he was carried by two men in order so that he could be pray with them.
“He stepped out (of Aisha’s apartment for prayer) supported by two persons. (He was so much weak) that his feet dragged on the ground and he was being supported by ‘Abbas and another person” (Sahih Muslim 004.0834)
- (Protect) the prayer, (protect) the prayer, and whom your hands possess (slaves).”
There are hundreds of examples of this, for example surah Al-Mu’minoon
Surah Baqarah, Verse 3
“The obligation and pact between us and them (the munaafiqeen, the hypocrites) is the prayer, so whoever abandons it has indeed committed kufr (i.e., become a kaafir, a non-believer).” (Tirmidhi, hadeeth #2621, and it is sahih) – source Islam QA
“What has caused you to enter Hell?”
They will say: “We were not of those who used to offer their Salat (prayers) (Quran 74:42-43)